14. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Tobacco Use Among U.S. Racial/Ethnic Minority Groups—African Americans, American Indians and Alaska Natives, Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders, and Hispanics: A Report of the Surgeon General. Atlanta, GA: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Office on Smoking and Health; 1998.
25. Cruz TB, Rose SW, Lienemann BA, et al. Pro-tobacco marketing and anti-tobacco campaigns aimed at vulnerable populations: A review of the literature. Tob Induc Dis. 2019;17:68. doi:10.18332/tid/111397.
26. Landrine H, Corral I, Campbell KM. Racial disparities in healthcare provider advice to quit smoking. Prev Med Rep. 2018;10:172-175. doi:10.1016/j.pmedr.2018.03.003.
27. Cokkinides VE, Halpern MT, Barbeau EM, Ward E, Thun MJ. Racial and ethnic disparities in smoking-cessation interventions: Analysis of the 2005 National Health Interview Survey. Am J Prev Med. 2008;34(5):404-412. doi:10.1016/j.amepre.2008.02.003.
28. Max W, Sung HY, Shi Y. Exposure to secondhand smoke at home and at work in California. Public Health Rep. 2012;127(1):81-88. doi:10.1177/003335491212700109.
29. McCabe SE, Hughes TL, Matthews AK, et al. Sexual orientation discrimination and tobacco use disparities in the United States. Nicotine Tob Res. 2019;21(4):523-531. doi:10.1093/ntr/ntx283.
30. Webb Hooper M, Calixte-Civil P, Verzijl C, et al. Associations between perceived racial discrimination and tobacco cessation among diverse treatment seekers. Ethn Dis. 2020;30(3):411-420. doi:10.18865/ed.30.3.411.
31. Proposition 56, The California Healthcare, Research and Prevention Tobacco Tax Act of 2016, California Revenue & Taxation Code, §30130.55.
32. Public Health Law Center. Regulating Flavored Tobacco Products. May 2019.
33. California Health and Safety Code, §104559.5 (2020).