Pursuant to Government Code section 11346, L&C is inviting interested parties to submit statements and comments regarding the substance of regulations governing training and certification requirements for certified nurse assistants, as defined in Health and Safety Code (HSC) section 1337, and training and certification requirements for home health aides, as defined in HSC section 1727, prior to the start of the formal rulemaking process.
The regulations will update existing portions of the California Code of Regulations; specifically, Title 22, Division 5, Chapter 2.5, "Certified Nurse Assistant Program" and Title 22, Division 5, Chapter 6, Article 5, "Qualifications for Home Health Aide Certification." General concepts to be addressed by these regulations include:
- Qualifications for initial certification and renewal of certification;
- Approval of certification training programs and training program personnel;
- Certification training program components, including orientation, classroom training, and supervised clinical training;
- Competency evaluation;
- Dual CNA/HHA certification;
- In-service training and continuing education;
- Training program noncompliance and withdrawal of approval.
Please see Attachment 1 for additional information related to the proposed revision. Any interested person or his or her authorized representative may submit written comments relevant to these issues to the Department by mail, facsimile, or e-mail to the address listed under Contact Persons in this notice. Written comments must be received by the Department at its office not later than 5:00 p.m. on Friday, June 30, 2017.
Regulations Unit Manager
CDPH, Licensing & Certification
1615 Capitol Ave, MS 3201
Sacramento, CA 95899-7377
Original signed by Scott Vivona
Acting Deputy Director
Attachment: Concepts for Proposed Changes