Registering Your Site
for Electronic Data Exchange with CAIR2
The CDPH Gateway/CAIR2 IZ Portal manages electronic data exchange for all Sites in the legacy CDPH CAIR regions (including Northern California, Greater Sacramento, Bay Area, Central Coast, Central Valley, LA-Orange, Inland Empire, and Imperial regions).
Providers in the following counties: Alpine, Amador, Calaveras, Mariposa, Merced, San Joaquin, Stanislaus, and Tuolumne cannot use the CDPH Gateway/CAIR2 IZ Portal to sign up for immunization data exchange with CAIR. If you are a provider in one of the above counties, please visit our DX Contacts webpage for your Local Data Exchange Contact.
- Go to the CAIR2 IZ Portal Registration/Login Page and click Register.
- Select a data exchange Site Type. Consult with your EMR vendor if you are unsure which site type to select. See Appendix for additional guidance on Site Type.
- Enter your site information, site contact information, and responsible clinician information. VFC sites must enter a VFC PIN. All fields in red are required.
Providers located in San Diego County will receive a pop-up indicating that their city is ‘not participating’ – clicking ‘OK’ in the pop-up will allow them to complete the form.
- Enter your data exchange information including EMR software, EMR vendor, and EMR vendor contact. All fields in red are required.
- Click Continue.
- Review and e-sign the CAIR Organization Access & Confidentiality Agreement.
- The confirmation page displays and a verification email is sent to the site email.
- To complete the registration process, click on the link to verify your enrollment.
- The site email and site contact will receive a secure email with site credentials. Provide the SOAP Envelope Credentials (if populated), CAIR Org Code, and CAIR Region Code to your EMR vendor.
The data exchange Site Type depends on how the site will submit data to CAIR: directly, indirectly, or as a data aggregator.
Select Site Type  if your EMR submits data directly to CAIR. EMR vendors that submit data directly to CAIR include, but are not limited to, Meditab, Meditech, and NextGen.
Select Site Type  if your EMR submits data indirectly to CAIR. EMR vendors that submit data indirectly to CAIR include, but are not limited to, AllScripts, athenahealth, Cerner, eClinicalWorks, Greenway, Office Ally, Office Practicum, Practice Fusion, PrescribeWellness/SMP, and STC. Enter the Sending Facility ID provided by your EMR vendor if known.
Select Site Type  if you are an EMR vendor or a large data aggregator (e.g. a hospital system). Please send an email to CAIR Data Exchange prior to registering.
Still unsure which site type to select? Please consult your EMR vendor or send an email to CAIR Data Exchange and provide your site name, address, and EMR vendor.
Sample Completed Form