Skip Navigation Linkschildcare-staff

immunization BRANCH

Shots for School logo

Staff and Volunteer Requirements

Immunization Requirements for Employees and Volunteers at Child Care Centers and Family Child Care Homes 

Effective September 1, 2016: 

For additional information, please contact your California Child Care Licensing Program Regional Office.  
To promote this requirement at your child care center or family care home, you may distribute copies of this  flyer (also inSpanish)(PDF). 

Where can I get immunized? 

  • Check your medical or immunization records first – you may have already received the required vaccines. Visit the California Immunization Registry (CAIR) website for more information on locating records.

  • Check with your regular heath care provider to get needed vaccines. 
  • Your  local pharmacy may also give Tdap and other vaccines, either covered by your health plan or for a fee. 
  • Many  local health departments offer vaccines at lower cost. 
  • If you don’t have a health care provider, get one! If you are uninsured, make an appointment at a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC), Rural Health Clinic (RHC), or community clinic for vaccines.

Page Last Updated :