Welcome to the Center for Family Health (CFH). The CFH has three divisions:
Our mission is to protect and promote the health of individuals, pregnant people, and their children. We know there are lifelong benefits of early investment in children to reduce risk and injury and increase resiliency to better buffer life's challenges.
At the CFH, we:
- Lead programs that support pregnant people and new parents.
- Collect, analyze, and report California data on the health and well-being of families.
- Screen pregnant people and new babies for life-threatening genetic conditions.
- Assess our programs to understand if they are helping our families towards better health and engage in continuous quality improvement.
- Develop communication and educational materials on topics related to health and pregnancy, infants, and adolescents.
- Commit to ending inequities in maternal and infant health outcomes.