Report WIC Fraud & Abuse
WIC works to ensure that allegations of fraud and abuse are investigated. Fraud and abuse takes resources away from those who need them most.
Examples of fraud and abuse may include:
WIC Participants who:
- Sell or give away formula or foods purchased with WIC vouchers (including selling formula and/or food online).
- Falsify information when applying for WIC.
- Buy unauthorized foods with WIC vouchers.
- Trade WIC vouchers for other items or cash.
- Alter WIC vouchers.
- Redeem WIC vouchers for cash, credit, or unauthorized foods/items.
- Overcharge for WIC foods.
- Purchase infant formula from unauthorized sources.
Need to file a complaint of fraud and abuse?
By email : WICABUSE@cdph.ca.gov
By phone: (800) 852-5770
Local Support Unit
3901 Lennane Drive
Sacramento, CA 95834
WIC takes all complaints seriously and encourages the immediate reporting of any alleged WIC program violations, abuse or fraud. Individuals making complaints may remain anonymous. Please report as many details and be specific as possible.