Skip Navigation Linkscalgets

Office of Problem Gambling

What is CalGETS?

California Gambling Education and Treatment Services Program (CalGETS) is a treatment program for individuals with a gambling disorder and those who are negatively impacted by problem gambling behavior.  Licensed health providers can become authorized CalGETS providers, able to receive fee-for-service reimbursement from the State.  Think of becoming a CalGETS provider as adding a specialty to your existing license which includes a new revenue source! 

CalGETS Phase I Training

Become an Authorized CalGETS Provider

The Office of Problem Gambling (OPG) in partnership with UCLA Gambling Studies Program (UGSP) is currently recruiting licensed therapists to participate in the CalGETS program. 

To become an authorized provider in the CalGETS, therapists must attend state-funded training focusing on the treatment of problem and pathological gamblers. Training consists of four eight-hour training days, and will provide the opportunity to obtain up to 30 continuing education units (CEUs) for MFTs and LCSWs. Upcoming training dates are posted on our announcements page.

Therapists who meet the criteria below must submit the CalGETS Registration Waiting List to UGSP for admittance into the training. Due to limited space, admittance into the trainings will be on a first-come, first-served basis.

  • Possess a licensed clinical degree, current and in good standing: Doctor of Medicine MD; Doctor of Psychology PsyD; Doctor of Psychology PhD; Doctor of Osteopathy DO; Marriage and Family Therapist MFT; or Licensed Clinical Social Worker LCSW.
  • No violations or pending actions as a result of a formal complaint to the California Board of Behavioral Sciences, Board of Psychology, and Medical Board of California
  • Current malpractice insurance
  • Have a HIPPA compliant personal computer with Internet access

CalGETS participants will not be charged a registration fee for training. Participants will be responsible for all travel and accommodation expenses. Therapists who are in the process of acquiring one of the listed licenses may submit an application for review.

For more information call (916)327-8611 or email
Page Last Updated :