Skip Navigation LinksREHABC-CORF-CHOL

Licensing and Certification Program

 Contact Us

Phone: (916) 552-8632Skip to main content

For application status requests, please include the following in your email:

  • Application ID (if applicable)
  • Name of Facility or Agency
  • License or Facility/Agency # (if applicable)
  • Address
  • Facility or Provider Type
  • Date Documentation Sent
  • Contact Number

Rehabilitation Clinic and Comprehensive Outpatient Rehabilitation Facility
Change of Location Application Packet

A State license is required to operate a Rehabilitation Clinic (REHABC) in California. A REHABC means "a clinic that, in addition to providing medical services directly, also provides physical rehabilitation services for patients who remain less than 24 hours. Rehabilitation clinics shall provide at least two of the following rehabilitation services: physical therapy, occupational therapy, social, speech pathology, and audiology services. A rehabilitation clinic does not include the offices of a private physician in individual or group practice," pursuant to Health and Safety Code (HSC) section 1204(b)(3). A REHABC may also apply for certification as a Comprehensive Outpatient Rehabilitation Facility (CORF). A CORF is a nonresidential facility that is established and operated exclusively for the purpose of providing diagnostic, therapeutic, and restorative services to outpatients for the rehabilitation of injured, disabled, or sick persons, at a single fixed location, by or under the supervision of a physician who may provide influenza, pneumococcal and Hepatitis B vaccines provided the applicable conditions of coverage are met, pursuant to Title 42 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) section 485.51. 

To report a Change of Location, you must complete the required application packet. Refer to HSC sections 1200 through 1245 for information regarding licensure requirements. Refer to 42 CFR Part 485, Subpart B for the Conditions Of Participation For Comprehensive Outpatient Rehabilitation Facilities.

How to Apply

An applicant must submit a completed application packet to the Centralized Applications Branch (CAB). The provider instructions are a resource to guide you through the process. The provider checklist identifies the required forms and supporting documents needed to apply for licensing. The Sample Application Packet is a visual aid that displays a sample of the completed forms contained in the application packet.

Please refer to the following links to get started:

Application Packet Forms

Applicants must complete and submit the following forms in the application packet:

Where to Submit Applications

Submit completed application packets to the CAB at the address listed below. Do not send any completed application packets, forms, or supporting documents to the local CDPH, District Office.

          California Department of Public Health
          Licensing and Certification Program
          Centralized Applications Branch
          P.O. Box 997377, MS 3207
          Sacramento, CA 95899-7377

Page Last Updated :