Skip Navigation LinksADHC-CHOW

Health Care Facility Licensing and Certification

 Contact Us

Phone: (916) 552-8632

For application status requests, please include the following in your email:

  • Application ID (if applicable)
  • Name of Facility or Agency
  • License or Facility/Agency # (if applicable)
  • Address
  • Facility or Provider Type
  • Date Documentation Sent
  • Contact Number

Adult Day Health Center
Change of Ownership Application Packet

A State license is required to operate as an Adult Day Health Center in California. Adult Day Health Center or Adult Day Health Care Center means "a licensed facility that provides adult day health care," pursuant to Health and Safety Code (HSC) section 1570.7(b). Adult Day Health Care means "an organized day program of therapeutic, social, and skilled nursing health activities and services provided pursuant to this chapter to elderly persons or adults with disabilities with functional impairments, either physical or mental, for the purpose of restoring or maintaining optimal capacity for self-care. Provided on a short-term basis, adult day health care serves as a transition from a health facility or home health program to personal independence. Provided on a long-term basis, it serves as an alternative to institutionalization in a long-term health care facility when 24-hour skilled nursing care is not medically necessary or viewed as desirable by the recipient or his or her family," pursuant to HSC section 1570.7(a).

To report a Change of Ownership, you must complete the required application packet. Refer to Title 22 of the California Code of Regulations (CCR) sections 78001 through 78609 and HSC sections 1570 through 1596.5 for information regarding licensure requirements.

How to Apply

An applicant must submit a completed application packet to the Centralized Applications Branch (CAB). The application packet contains the required forms in one location. The provider checklist identifies the required forms and supporting documents needed to apply for licensing and certification. The provider instructions are a resource to guide you through the process. The Sample Application Packet is a visual aid that displays a sample of the completed forms contained in the application packet.

Please refer to the following links to get started:

Application Packet Forms

Applicants must complete and submit the following forms in the application packet:

Where to Submit Applications

Submit completed application packets to the CAB at the address listed below.  Do not send any completed application packets, forms, or supporting documents to the local CDPH, District Office.

          California Department of Public Health
          Licensing and Certification Program
          Centralized Applications Branch
          P.O. Box 997377, MS 3207
          Sacramento, CA 95899-7377

Community-Based Adult Services (CBAS) providers only

Change of Ownership applications from CBAS providers must be submitted to California Department of Aging (CDA) for pre-approval. CDA will determine if applicant meets the minimum CBAS program standards. After this review is completed, CDA will notify the CBAS provider of its determination and forward copies of the application packet to the CAB along with a notice of CDA's recommendation. CAB will notify the provider if the application packet is approved or deemed incomplete based on compliance with state licensure requirements. More information and instructions can be found on the CDA website: Community-Based Adult Services

Page Last Updated :