Skip Navigation LinksREFRLAG-CHOW

Health Care Facility Licensing and Certification

 Contact Us

Phone: (916) 552-8632Skip to main content

For application status requests, please include the following in your email:

  • Name of Facility or Agency
  • License or Facility/Agency # (if applicable)
  • Address
  • Facility or Provider Type
  • Date Documentation Sent
  • Contact Number

Referral Agency
Change of Ownership Application Packet

A State license is required to operate as a Referral Agency (REFRLAG) in California. REFRLAG means "a private, profit or nonprofit agency which is engaged in the business of referring persons for remuneration to any health facility", pursuant to Title 22 of the California Code of Regulations (CCR) section 74019.

To report a Change of Ownership, you must complete the required application packet. Refer to Title 22 CCR sections 74001 through 74515 and Health and Safety Code sections 1400 through 1413 for licensure requirements.

How to Apply

An applicant must submit a completed application packet to the Centralized Applications Branch (CAB). The application packet contains the required forms in one location. The provider checklist identifies the required forms and supporting documents needed to apply for licensing and certification. The provider instructions are a resource to guide you through the process. The Sample Application Packet is a visual aid that displays a sample of the completed forms contained in the application packet.

Please refer to the following links to get started:

Where to Submit Applications

Submit completed application packets to the CAB at the address listed below.  Do not send any completed application packets, forms, or supporting documents to the local CDPH, District Office.

          California Department of Public Health
          Licensing and Certification Program
          Centralized Applications Branch
          P.O. Box 997377, MS 3207
          Sacramento, CA 95899-7377

Page Last Updated :